Fresh is best. Just as you nourish your body with fruits and vegetables at their peak freshness, you want to keep your complexion flawless with skin care products in their best condition. After all, keeping your moisturizers and masques untainted is essential for the most effective skin care. Here are five easy tips for keeping your skin care products pure and potent:
1. Use a spatula: Your hands are dirty, it’s a fact. With every Éminence masque and moisturizer, you will find a small plastic spatula. Using this added tool will help keep your products free from any germs clinging to your hands! It’s easy to use and great for measuring how much product you need.
2. When using one of our best sellers like the Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, keep the bottle away from water. If water seeps in through the opening, the product could cake and mold and you definitely don’t want that to happen! If you must keep it in the shower for a morning scrub, ensure you keep the bottle well away from excess water spillage.
3. Wash your brushes: This may seem like a no brainer for most but the lack of convenience and time for cleaning means that many brushes go dirty. With our easy-to-use Natural Brush Cleanser, save time with a couple of spritzes on a paper towel and wipe your makeup brushes down. This will help keep your products AND brushes clean.
4. Keep containers closed: Even if you’re in a rush to get to work in the mornings or to bed at night – stop for a minute and remember to close the lid on your containers! Not only will your products stay clean, they will keep fresh for longer. Depending on the product, it could dry out and harden when left open. Just look at what happens when you forget to put the top back on your toothpaste!
5. Generally speaking, keep your products in a dark, dry place. Naturally, we store our skin care products in the washroom which is fine but if you can go a step further and also keep them in a drawer or medicine cabinet, your products will thank you for it.
Fun tip: Some products like the Clear Skin Probiotic Masque, are great to store in the refrigerator. The cold environment keeps the masque fresh and also adds a cooling sensation!
This post was written by Felicia Steinfeld from Eminence Organics.
You can find their blog here