Looking for a way to get the summertime glow without all the damage? These bronzing lotion sticks are the answer! These lotion sticks provide extreme moisture for dry winter skin and add a beautiful sun-kissed glow without the rays of the sun. Similar to our Moisturizing Lotion Bars, these lotion sticks melt with the heat of your skin and are mess-free when stored in this convenient container.
1/3 cup beeswax
1/4 cup shea butter
2 tablespoons cocoa butter
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon Vitamin E
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for bronzer (you could also use 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder)
20 drops of your favorite essential oil
This recipe makes approximately 4 ounces of lotions.
1. Add beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, grapeseed oil, and Vitamin E to glass jar and place in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
2. Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes).
3. Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
4. Add essential oil and stir. Pour into container
5. For bronzing lotion stick, go to next steps.
6. For a bronzing effect, add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and stir until combined.
7. Pour into container. Let cool 1-2 hours before use.
Note: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
This post was written by the Doterra Blog.
You can find their blog here