Keep reading for three trends that hit the runways for fall 2014, and of course our take on how to incorporate the look (albeit a toned down version) into your daily makeup routine.
Not your average smoky eye
Christian Dior showcased a few very bold smoky eye looks on the runway this season and we love this khaki, metallic look.
As bold and beautiful as this look is, it may be a bit much for everyday, or even an evening out with the gals. We were inspired by the earthy green tones to create a subtler version, featuring our NEW Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in Green and Jane’s Signature Gilded Collection, plus a bolder version for a smokier yet still wearable take on this trend.
- Line your top and bottom lash lines with the Green Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner using the Smudge Brush. Smudge out to get a smoky effect.
- Apply Bronze 24K Gold Dust to your entire eyelid using the Chisel Shader Brush.
- Finish with PureLash Extender & Conditioner and Espresso Longest Lash Mascara.
For a slightly bolder, smokier version of this look, apply the green shade from Khaki Kraze Eye Shadow Triple to your entire eyelid by patting on gently using the Eye Shader Brush first. Then follow the steps above. For a super bold look (not shown) use the Crease Brush to apply the Green Jelly Jar to the entire lid. Then layer on Khaki and pat Bronze 24K on top of that!
This monochromatic mauve runway look is elegant, but maybe a bit hard to pull off for the average woman. While the placement might be a bit bold, we love these colors for fall, so we created this simplified, sophisticated look following the steps below.
- Using the Celebrate Limited Edition Eye Shadow Trio Palette, apply the deepest shade, Port, to your entire eyelid by patting on gently using the Eye Shader Brush.
- Using the Smudge Brush, smudge port along your bottom lash line.
- Apply the medium shade, Toast, to your crease using the Crease Brush, blend well.
- Apply the lightest shade, Mist, to the inner corner of your eye and along the inner 1/4 of your bottom lash line suing the Eye Contour Brush.
- Apply Jet Black PureLash Lengthening Mascara to your lashes.
- Apply Copper Wind PurePressed Blush to your cheeks using your fingertips.
- Apply Katerina PureMoist Lipstick to your lips, followed by Kir Royale PureGloss.
Berry lips and bold brows
This look doesn’t take much to modify, in fact we think it’s great as is! But it is worth mentioning because brows are such a hot topic in the world of beauty. Your eyebrows are one of your most important features. In fact, most makeup artists will debate that they arethe most important feature of the face. So it is important to pay extra attention to them! Click here for one of our most popular blog posts on how to shape and define your brows.
To get this looks simply follow these steps, and as shown on the model below, you don’t have to have thick brows to do it. Start with impeccable skin and don’t be shy about adding color to the brow. Rule of thumb: the thicker your brows, the less color you need to apply. If you do too much, it looks runway, not everyday.
- Apply your shade of Glow Time BB Cream to your entire face using your fingertips. If you don’t use BB, apply your favorite foundation, but maybe add an extra layer for a bit more coverage.
- Shape and fill in your brows (use our guide linked above!) using your shade of Bitty Brow Kit or Brow Gel.
- Add a bit of liner to define the top lash line and a flick of mascara. Keep this subtle.
- Apply a matte blush, like Sheer Honey PurePressed Blush or Mocha PurePressed Blush to the bottom of your cheek bones to add color and contour.
- Finish your look with a deep, bold lip using a berry colored lip stick like Annette PureMoist Lipstick. Top with Kir Royale PureGloss.
What are your favorite trends for fall? Tell us!