It’s the crack of dawn, and after hitting the snooze button at least three times, you’ve come to the realization that squeezing a healthy, nutritious breakfast into your morning routine is probably not going to happen.
To get your morning off to a good start, we have a heathy recipe that you can prepare the night before (so you can get out the door on time). This quick and easy parfait checks off all of the boxes for a wholesome breakfast – it’s filled with nutrient-rich oats, nuts, seeds and layers of yogurt to keep you full all morning long.
- 3 cups of organic quick oats
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 to 1.5 cups of almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tub (8oz) of plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free version. We used dairy-free cultured almond yogurt.
- 2 cups of mixed organic berries (frozen or fresh). We used a mix of fresh, organic blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, almonds, coconut, ground flax seed and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add almond milk and honey and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
- Add the oat/nut mixture to the saucepan – stir until combined. Add more honey to taste if desired.
- Set the oat/nut mixture aside to cool.
- Add oats/nuts, yogurt and berries to mason jars, alternating layers.
- Store in the refrigerator – the recipe should make enough to fill 4-5 mason jars (depending on the size).
- We suggest making this on a Sunday night so you have a week’s worth of healthy breakfasts for the week ahead!
This post was written by Christie Pike from Eminence Organics.
You can find their blog here
The Green Spa & Wellness Center recommends this fantastic recipe for a quick nutritious breakfast.